I realize after writing this that I should have taken more pictures. I hope I have explained it well enough that it can be copied without all the pictures.
I placed Sunday and Saturday on the board where I wanted them to be and measured the distance between the two and divided it by 6 to get the distance needed between each clothes pin. Then I hot glued them to the board. I thought I would have to rough-up the menu board so the clothes pins would stay on, but they are holding fine.
For the Main Dishes envelope I took the envelope I had from a small card and opened it to be flat. Then traced the outside edge. I cut it out and laid it on the table. I placed a wooden ruler on the main body of the envelope where I wanted the fold lines to be and pressed down on the ruler and lifted up on the flaps to make a straight fold line. I used double stick tape to hold the envelope flaps in place. The top flap is not the full flap, but it is about 1" long and easily folds back over the jute twine and stays pinned in place.
I still plan a monthly menu on paper from a Word document that I created years ago. On the paper copy I add more detail. I don't want the same salad, fruit, and/or vegetable every time I make a certain main dish. The menu is behind the cards. The shopping list is on the menu board. I have since added another set of blank cards that hangs from the clothes pin that holds nothing in this picture. 99% of the time Sunday is leftovers, so that card stays there. The others get removed on Sunday and usually the next week's menu is already clipped behind the current week's menu. I try and make the upcoming month's menu the third week of the current month.
These cards are cut from card stock and are 3" x 1 1/2"